Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tropical Fruit Salad








Cracking coconuts is not as hard as I'd expected, but removing the crisp white meat was a challenge. It was well worth it, though, because my fruit salad was absolutely delicious. I put pieces of bananas, a handful of cherries and grapes, a kiwi, an orange & a couple of strawberries in it. I supremed the orange this morning, and that is what you see on the plate over top of two fresh mint leaves.

We've had mint in our garden for a very long time, but I never really paid it much attention. Now that I've begun to use it, I've come to love its strong, moist flavor, as well as its appearance as a garnish.

I have a good-sized bowl of coconut meat and about a cup of coconut water chilling in the fridge for later use. Does anyone have any ideas on how to use it? BTW: I recommend straining the coconut water before use. Mine had tiny chunks of coconut meat and flecks from the shell in it.

4 comments:

a n i s h i  

Me encanta el coco. Es muy difícil de pelar. Cuando compro coco, mi marido ya sabe que lo tiene que pelar, a todas nos gusta los trocitos que hace. Me has dado una idea muy buena, mezclarlo con la fruta, lo haré.
Un abrazo.
Ana

fruity  

Hi! I'm new to the blogging world also and came across your blog! Just wanted to say hello!!

I have never cracked open a coconut before..it always looked a bit daunting...but I loooove coconut water! yum!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan  

Hey, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm glad you commented on my blog, because it led me to YOUR great blog.

Ok, here's how to figure out your searches. Go here first:

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=analytics&hl=en&continue=http://www.google.com/analytics/home/%3Fet%3Dreset

Later, go to the "Add a page element" section of your blog and choose to add html. Copy the code given to you from Google Analytics into the html code and save.

Now when you go to the Google Analytics page, sign in with your google account info, click on "traffic sources" in the grey box on the left, and then click on search engines in the middle of the screen. It takes a day to get your info, so you'll have to wait a day ater signing up before you can see any searches.

Don't hesitate to ask for clarification if my directions are confusing!!!

Y  

I love fresh coconut, but it's a bit of a messy job getting the flesh out isn't it! I find the liquor from old coconuts (such as the one you used) isn't usually worth keeping. For drinking, I prefer the young coconut juice.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP