Is this a dream? I asked myself after arriving home to find two ENORMOUS boxes on the front porch. I was even more amazed when I opened them up. Thank you so much, Turtle Mountain, for the delicious treats that you sent me. They supplied me with the majority of their So Delicious Made with Coconut Milk (vegan!) line, and wow, was I impressed.
Purely Decadent Frozen Desserts
- Chocolate: This flavor was really tasty & rich - the best nondairy chocolate "ice cream" I've ever had.
- Coconut: HANDS DOWN my favorite! The Coconut flavor is creamy and delightfully sweet; it's filled with coconut flakes that only add to its wonderfullness.
- Cookie Dough: I didn't think that I was a big fan of cookie dough ice cream...until I tried this. It was one of the best!
- Vanilla Bean: There is just a hint of coconut in this flavor, but it is definitely vanilla. It goes great with fruity desserts like pie and cobbler.
- Original: The first thing I noticed was the great texture - smooth and creamy. The flavor is very subtly, good with sweet cereals. Not a "WOW!" but it was still OK.
- Vanilla: I preferred this flavor to the other because it was more flavorful. Plus, it only had 10 calories more per serving than the original. I will definitely be buying this from now on.
So Delicious Minis
- Banana Split Sandwiches: The banana/strawberry flavor wasn't as prominent as I'd expected, but they were delish none the less.
- Coconut Sandwiches: These were very different that the Banana Split kind...the coconut flavor is strong and goes well with the chocolate "cookie" part of the sandwich.
- Coconut Almond Bars: Oh my! What to say about these except for AMAZING! And only 170 cals per bar? These are a dream come true.
- Vanilla Bars: Almost as stunning as the Coconut Almond Bars. Almost.
So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk
- Blueberry: One of my favs! I actually stirred in some frozen blueberries, and it was superb.
- Passionate Mango: So tropical! It reminded me of warm weather. The summery orange color makes it a treat for the eyes, too.
- Plain: There is nothing plain or boring about this flavor! It is perfect for pairing with strong fruit, like pineapple or pomegranate.
- Raspberry: This flavor is just dreamy. Its pretty color matches its scrumptious taste.
- Strawberry Banana: I like this flavor a lot because I can top it with fresh strawberries and/or bananas...kiwi goes great with it, too!
- Vanilla: I poured this over a warm slice of blackberry upside down cake. It's very similar to melted ice cream - so, so wonderful. I imagine that it would be great on fruit pancakes, too.