Saturday, March 14, 2009

Crazy for Coconut!

Is this a dream? I asked myself after arriving home to find two ENORMOUS boxes on the front porch. I was even more amazed when I opened them up. Thank you so much, Turtle Mountain, for the delicious treats that you sent me. They supplied me with the majority of their So Delicious Made with Coconut Milk (vegan!) line, and wow, was I impressed.

Purely Decadent Frozen Desserts

  • Chocolate: This flavor was really tasty & rich - the best nondairy chocolate "ice cream" I've ever had.
  • Coconut: HANDS DOWN my favorite! The Coconut flavor is creamy and delightfully sweet; it's filled with coconut flakes that only add to its wonderfullness.
  • Cookie Dough: I didn't think that I was a big fan of cookie dough ice cream...until I tried this. It was one of the best!
  • Vanilla Bean: There is just a hint of coconut in this flavor, but it is definitely vanilla. It goes great with fruity desserts like pie and cobbler.
So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage
  • Original: The first thing I noticed was the great texture - smooth and creamy. The flavor is very subtly, good with sweet cereals. Not a "WOW!" but it was still OK.
  • Vanilla: I preferred this flavor to the other because it was more flavorful. Plus, it only had 10 calories more per serving than the original. I will definitely be buying this from now on.

So Delicious Minis

  • Banana Split Sandwiches: The banana/strawberry flavor wasn't as prominent as I'd expected, but they were delish none the less.
  • Coconut Sandwiches: These were very different that the Banana Split kind...the coconut flavor is strong and goes well with the chocolate "cookie" part of the sandwich.
  • Coconut Almond Bars: Oh my! What to say about these except for AMAZING! And only 170 cals per bar? These are a dream come true.
  • Vanilla Bars: Almost as stunning as the Coconut Almond Bars. Almost.

So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk

  • Blueberry: One of my favs! I actually stirred in some frozen blueberries, and it was superb.
  • Passionate Mango: So tropical! It reminded me of warm weather. The summery orange color makes it a treat for the eyes, too.
  • Plain: There is nothing plain or boring about this flavor! It is perfect for pairing with strong fruit, like pineapple or pomegranate.
  • Raspberry: This flavor is just dreamy. Its pretty color matches its scrumptious taste.
  • Strawberry Banana: I like this flavor a lot because I can top it with fresh strawberries and/or bananas...kiwi goes great with it, too!
  • Vanilla: I poured this over a warm slice of blackberry upside down cake. It's very similar to melted ice cream - so, so wonderful. I imagine that it would be great on fruit pancakes, too.

23 comments:

Elyse  

What a wonderful surprise! All of these products look so delicious. I'll have to check them out!

Anonymous  

Oh my gosh, super yum!!!!!

Pearl  

oh my goodness - what a LOVELY surprise! thanks for the lovely reviews :)

aussirish  

wow, such a nice suprsie :) enjoy them hun!
xxxx

LizNoVeggieGirl  

WOWZA look at all the coconut goodness!! Fabulous!!

fleur  

O I would just LOOOOOOOVE to try one of these I had some coconut ice cream yesterday and it was so good I didnt want it to end! Sadly I dont think these have made it over to the UK yet :(

HangryPants  

Everything looks delicious! Thank you for such a thorough review.

Anonymous  

Everything sounds so good! Thanks for the reviews!

Murasaki Shikibu  

I'll bet you had a smile on your face when you saw these. :)))

Virginia  

i have been wanting to try this brand forever!

Anonymous  

WHOA! How do I get in on this?! That looks brilliant! Thanks for the review!

Anonymous  

Your SO lucky! I wish I could get in on this treat!

Anonymous  

Lucky lady! Those treats look like they would be really good!

I do love coconut flavored things myself :)

Have a great day!

Pam  

I am so jealous Katie...coconut is my very favorite and all of these treats are so tempting, especially the coconut ice cream and sandwiches. YUM!

Selba  

Wow! So nice!
You really love coconut? You should come to Southeast Asia, most of the food are made from coconut ;)

Anonymous  

What a nice lineup of treats. So jealous right now.

Rosa's Yummy Yums  

You are very lucky... Wow, that sounds great! I love coconut milk.

Cheers,

Rosa

Culinary Wannabe  

What a great surprise!! I don't think I would even have room for all that in my freezer! :)

Sophia Lee  

holy moly! I'm freaking jealous! what a great package!

Anonymous  

I am super jealous :o) I'm glad that you enjoyed it all. That company is so generous!! I looove coconut!

Food For Tots  

Wow! I luv coconut and looking at those coconut milk beverages made me drooling now. Yum! Yum!

Colleen  

I love coconut! And perfect for the warmer weather!

Mermaid Sews  

Thanks for the review - I will have to check these out since I can't eat lactose and love coconut.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP