RAW PLUM TARTLETS
These delicious treats were inspired by Carmella’s recipe for raw cheesecake. Makes four tartlets, serves 4-8, depending upon the size of your stomach.
- 2 cups of pecans, soaked for 6-8 hrs. and dried over night
- 12 Medjool dates, pits removed
- a sprinkle of salt
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until the nuts are crumbly and the mixture will easily form a small ball. Cover your tartlet pans with saran wrap and press the crust into each pan, taking care to evenly distribute it along the sides and bottom.
- a scant 3 cups of cashews soaked for 2-4 hrs.
- 3-4T agave nectar
- 2T unsweetened applesauce
- 2T water, more if needed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Once again, blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. If the mixture will not blend easily, add more water. A heavy-duty blender, such as a Vitamix, would also suffice for this step.
- 4-8 ripe plums, depending upon your taste
Scoop the cashew cream into the crusts and smooth gently. Arrange plum slices on top of the tartlets to complete. Store in the refrigerator for no longer than two days.
I have seen this one so many times and as interesting as it is, I'm going to pass on passing it on this time around. But thanks, Bumblebutton, for tagging me!
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on the blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six random things...
- I used to want to be a writer, with my heart and soul. Then our computer hard drive exploded (not really, but it went totally beserk) and all of my stories were gone. Forever. I haven't really written since.
- I love FiTV. I do the workouts (Shimmy! All Star Workouts!) and I watch the shows, too. (Get Fresh With Sara Snow is my favorite.)
- I am really bad with book series. I read all of the Harry Potter books except for the last 3/4 of the seventh book. I read the first two books in Scotts Westerfield's Uglies trilogy, was hooked, and forgot about the third book. (Oops!) The only series that I finished was *drum roll* the X-Men movies. My favorites! Also, I adore travel books. I don't really read "teen" books very often anymore because I think "adult" books are much more interesting.
- I think it might be fun to be a high-fashion model. I think fashion is really interesting and appealing as an art form. (Ditzy models, though? Not for me.)
- It sound dumb, but I like feeling fancy. Pretty food, expensive things (that I bought on eBay at 75% off retail price, of course) & cashing my paycheck make me feel fancy.
- I like being considered a "hippie." I take it as a compliment. I know I'm not really a hippie, but at my school, my interest in healthy eating and my eco-mindedness definitely makes me an obvious tree-hugger. And I love that!