Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunrise Smoothie

On a school day or a busy weekend, I need something quick, easy & healthy that will give me energy to get through the morning. Especially when I have a test at school and two shifts per day at work over the the weekend. We have always been big smoothie fans at my house, probably because we have a fantastic Vitamix a la 1993. Thanks to this resource, as well as our stash of frozen bananas and constant supply of 8+ quarts of local peaches, I was able to whip up a sweet smoothie in a matter of minutes.

This easy smoothie is perfect for people with food allergies - no dairy, no nuts, no soy, no gluten...and it's raw, too. So toast to good health and enjoy one while the peaches are ripe.

SUNRISE SMOOTHIE
This healthy smoothie (190 calories, 0g fat) is a great start to your day. Makes one large smoothie.

  • 1 peach, washed & skin left on
  • 1 frozen banana
  • juice of 1 orange (about ½ cup)
  • a handful of ice cubes (if you want a thinner or colder smoothie)

Pulse in a high-power blender until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy immediately.

22 comments:

Jaime  

this look so refreshing! i love peaches :)

Anonymous  

Looks great! Orange-banana-peach is the perfect breakfast combo!

Anonymous  

Looks great! Orange-banana-peach is the perfect breakfast combo!

Anonymous  

Looks great! Orange-banana-peach is the perfect breakfast combo!

LizNoVeggieGirl  

What a refreshing smoothie!

Nicole  

Ah, that looks so fresh and delicious. Send me some, please!

Ruby Red  

Oh, wow, peach banana smoothies are the best! I love making them with soymilk and nut butter. I definitely don't blame you for being a smoothie fan -- I would make them all the time if I had a constant inflow of peaches. Lucky! And your little glass looks so peaceful sitting out, enjoying nature. :)

Anonymous  

This is such a great pick-me-up for the day! Love this refreshing recipe :)

Anonymous  

Yum! You know I've actually never tried peaches in a smoothie before. I know...what am I thinking, right? I love the picture of yours on the wooden ledge - it seems like such a serene way to begin your morning! I will definitely keep this recipe in mind for the future :o)

Lot-O-Choc  

Mmm this sounds delicious!! Yum!

Anonymous  

This sounds easy to make and delicious.

Dee  

I really should put my blender to healthier use with something along this lines. It sounds really yummy, and it's definitely healthier than most of the things I put into my mouth.

That's a beautiful cat :)

Anonymous  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous  

I just bought peaches today so I will have to try this :) Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of them... jam, pie, cobbler?

I love cats and that is one adorable looking cat (reminds me of the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland!)

krysta  

love the colors and i will have to keep this in mind when some of my kids need something to eat after their braces get tightened.

VeganCowGirl  

Katie - your smoothy looks amazing! Totally loving it.
I am jealous of your juicer!!!

Anonymous  

Yum. I really should start my day like this instead of having a protein shake or something.

Núria  

Mmm Katie! I'd drink one smoothie too... with some icecubes, please, this heat is killing me!

I wanted to thank you for comming over my 1 year's party!

Isle Dance  

Oh yum! You rock!

rachel  

Looks delish! I am going to blend myself one as soon I get oof the computer. Thanks Katie- have a great school year!

Hey Harriet  

Oooh yum! I love smoothies! I only wish I had a blender. It's on my ever-growing list of things to buy :)

Anonymous  

i recently had a bar tender in Mexico make my sister a strawberry and banana smoothie-boy did he get it ALL wrong! it turned out to be like mildly flavored water. And he had the nerve to charge me twice at $6!!!

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP