Thursday, April 30, 2009

Addicted to Hemp(milk!)

HAHA if the title didn't make you giggle, then I guess you don't share my wacko sense of humor :P but that's ok! So...for those of you who don't know, hemp is a super plant! It can grow with little to no chemicals & can be used to make fiber (and from hemp fiber, rope & fabric, etc.) & can also be eaten or taken as a dietary supplement. This is my first hemp food product, and to sum it up...Hemp makes a mighty fine non-dairy milk!

It creamy, consistent in texture, and had a lovely flavor. I tried the Unsweetened Original, and I will be buying this again FOR SURE - it is the only non-dairy milk I've ever had that I have enjoyed as a beverage, meaning all by itself, in a glass with nothing adding. I'd like to thank Christina from Living Harvest for the sample!

10 comments:

Pearl  

ooh i've never tried hemp milk before.. how cool!

fleur  

Ive heard about it, but I have never seen hemp milk!

Hope you try the muffins soon they were delish :)

Anonymous  

ive heard of it but never seen it, im glad you liked it :)
xxx

Anonymous  

I lurveee hempmilk! I use it everyday.

Lauren  

I love hemp milk! I use to buy it all the time, but it's a little pricey! Enjoy!

What's Cookin Chicago  

I'll need to scope this out - I'm intrigued!

Sharon  

I need to try hemp milk! =D

Murasaki Shikibu  

I've never tried hemp milk and would love to try it one day. :)

curlytop  

Katie,

I've been addicted to almond milk for a while now. But you may have swayed me to try hempmilk out as well.

with love,

Emily

Hemp milk  

Hemp milk is obtained from the commercial hemp plant. It is most eco-friendly option. It is good for children. It is rich in omega 3 and 6. It has many health benefits like it has inflammation reducing properties, it is useful for people with sun damaged skin, diabetic person, it maintains ideal blood sugar levels in the body etc.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP